Thursday, November 17, 2011

Excuses

Well, I took the first step to making a difference back in September, then stood there for three months!  I truly felt a sense of pride that I was finally moving forward with a purpose, to make a change, all of the things that I mentioned in my first post gathered in my arms – and I left that motivated feeling by the way side.  Yes, I do have an excuse – my current company has sent me overseas for a few months to work with a partner of ours.  It truly has taken up most of my time.  If you have ever traveled on business before, you realize that you never are allowed to stop working, especially with time differences.  So while I kept thinking about my blog, I never picked it up.  It’s an excuse, yes.  But we all have excuses, and we should never let those excuses get in the way of what we believe.

So with that realization I have admitted to my misstep, and have made a resolution to not allow an excuse to get in the way again.  Until I feel like this blog has done its job and I move on to something even bigger, I’m making a commitment to never abandon it again.  This post is more for myself than any future readers – it is a method of holding myself accountable...to ensure there are no more excuses!

So – let’s begin.  It’s mid-November at the moment and I hope to add at least one more post before the end of the month.  Until I’m back home, I cannot commit fully to this project, but I will give what I can.

Are you ready?  Are you done standing still like I’ve been doing?  Great, then take my hand and let’s begin this journey together!


UPDATE!!!

On November 30th, 2011, I posted the below as a blog post - however I feel like it's not something that most readers want to see, so I've removed the post and included it below.  It was originally titled "Intermission - a peek into my movivation"  -

While I was in the middle of researching and drafting my next blog post, a little something kept tapping my shoulder and whispering in my ear. It's been slowly becoming louder and harder for me to brush aside. So, while I'm still not confident enough to embrace it, I think I'll at least publicly acknowledge it. I can't put a name to it...yet. But let me try to explain it the best I can.

It's a driving need, a pulsing of my spirit, to make this world a better place. I've had it for years, but I couldn't figure out how to let it manifest itself. It's becoming more clear as I progress through life. I feel myself growing, even as my heart is breaking the more I learn about the world's struggles. I started this blog to show others what is happening around them and sometimes highlight the wonderful people who are dedicated to making a difference. I think I'll continue down that path for a bit, but already I see how this blog is going to evolve. That little spark that is growing inside me won't simply be satisfied with these posts. I believe that some of the things I'll start focusing on will be shocking to the readers of this blog. I want to show you the truth of what is happening in the world. No sugar coating. Soon society will no longer be able to look the other way. This blog will open their eyes, and motivate them to make a change.

So please be patient while this blog slowly changes direction. Remember that it is still in the rough draft stage, not officially launched yet, so I thank you for your willingness to stick with it. Please share your criticisms, and also spread the word that a new blog is beginning - change is coming!




No comments:

Post a Comment